Also included in
- Are you looking for a curriculum for your AAC users that builds core word use, formulation of phrases and sentences, formulation of narratives, and touches on writing skills? You've found it!This time and money-saving bundle provides enough materials for 2 years worth of core word implementation!Don$553.90$659.75Save $105.85
Get implementation activities that will give you ready-made lessons for almost 200 core words. You want your AAC users to have a robust vocabulary; to be able to access the curriculum, engage with others, interact with peers and adults. But we don't all have the tools and knowledge to teach them.
Let me help you with your AAC practice with this year-long resource.
In order to give them that vocabulary they need to have a robust AAC system that has or allows vocabulary to be added; they need to have models of others using that robust vocabulary in a variety of contexts; they need to be engaged in genuine communication interactions.
We know that vocabulary is best learned in context, and to that end we need to be providing aided input in context when we interact with the user and we also need to have others using that same targeted vocabulary in interactions.
This resource contains 16 words per month (or 4 per week) from PrAACticalAAC.org's year of core words (2014 list).
For each month there are:
• Core word picture cards
play Memory or Go Fish type card games,
use to hold up when you model using them,
post in your room each week as you add new target words.
• Sentence suggestions for each month’s words
• Sentence building activities to make phrases and sentences
fill in the blanks to describe the picture
identify the words that to use in a given sentence or situation
• Interactive books for additional practice.
clinician created books with limited text with pictures to set the context
• Picture scenes to illustrate or elicit core words for the month.
Wh-questions specific to that vocabulary
a data sheet to track data for ability to answer each Wh-question type.
• Sorting tasks for some and additional activities
• 56 clip cards: students choose the symbol that goes with the illustration
You might also look at:
10 Weeks to 40 Core Words which is based on the DLM 40 core words
I have many AAC resources in my store. They are core vocabulary-based and offer communication books and boards, interactive books, fun games for learning and more