If you need to teach core vocabulary use to beginning to intermediate AAC users; this resourceis for you and your students! The resource covers the 2nd half of the Year of Core Words from PrAACticalAAC.org.
• There is some background discussion of core vocabulary, prompting methods, and Aided Language Stimulation.
• There are sets of Tic-Tac-Toe (played like BINGO but with fewer spaces) game cards, which use each month’s vocabulary.
There are 5 different boards for each month, January through June, and a set of the symbols to use for calling cards.
• There are also BINGO cards for each month.
• There is a set of 20 picture cards to use to play Go-Fish and Memory type games.
Vocabulary used for playing card games is suggested, as well as vocabulary that can be used to describe some of the cards while asking for them or telling about a match.
• There are 1" communication symbols for all 72 core words for these 6 months; to add to the 2 starter communication boards for the group from the first set of Activities for the Year of Core.
• There are also large symbol cards, to use during activities or to display in the room-sized board, or on the table.
• There are 3 interactive party simulation scenarios for students to participate in; including a birthday party, a make-up party for girls and a pirate photo booth party for boys.
• There are coloring pages for a coloring activity using core words.
• There is a barrier game activity for practicing core, as well.
Suggestions are provided for facilitating and modeling words and phrases.
For more Activities for a Year of Core,
try the first one here
and this one, A Year of Core-Nature Hike
If you need communication boards featuring core words,
I have some HERE
For my bundle of interactive books featuring core vocabulary