Also included in
- Are you working with an augmentative communication user who needs to get to know their system better? Or who needs to move from single words to phrases and sentences? Try this bundle of core word games and activities that covers a wide range of AAC skills and abilities and will meet the needs of a m$9.00$11.25Save $2.25
- Are you looking for a curriculum for your AAC users that builds core word use, formulation of phrases and sentences, formulation of narratives, and touches on writing skills? You've found it!This collection of 65 resources provides materials to teach more than 40 beginning core words with interactiv$552.90$656.50Save $103.60
- This is a requested bundle of aac core word, language in life skills, and developing narratives resources appropriate for adolescents. It includes AAC core word activities, games, and interactive books for teens, language in life skills for older students, and narrative development resources for AA$101.60$127.00Save $25.40
This is a game similar to Scrabble®, but using words instead of letters to build phrases and sentences. This is for work with augmentative communication (AAC) users who need to work on moving beyond single word responses to more phrases and even sentences? Running out of ideas for ways to practice?
The words provided are predominantly core words, with some fringe words common to students.
• The first player uses 2 or more words to make a phrase or sentence. (You can differentiate for each student depending on their syntax skills, or determine a minimum phrase length, or play with no minimum rules at all).
• For some of my students I don’t require correct syntax as long as the phrase makes sense.
• The player counts how many words (s)he used and scores that number of points for that turn.
★ I started with a list of 50 first words, then added most of the next 50, to make 100 unique words. (You will find the reference for these lists in the resource.)
I then added the ‘first 15’ again, and then the ‘first 30’ again; making duplicates and then triplicates of some words that are the highest frequency.
★ I also added some nouns that are frequently used by students.
★ There are also 9 blank “wild” tiles. You can choose to use as many of them - or none - as you please.
You might like to look at some of my other activities for building language skills in aac users. Try my Core Word Roll a Phrase or Teach Me 6 Core Words and Activities and Games to Learn a Year of Core