Also included in
- This ULTIMATE Early Intervention Book Bundle contains 26 books, AAC picture support, sign language cards and directions. ALL the books come in both color AND ink friendly black line. The Core Words Interactive Book series was written for toddlers and children with speech and language impairments.Chi$43.20$54.00Save $10.80
- The AAC Core Words Interactive Book series was written for toddlers and children with speech and language impairments.Children with developmental delays, apraxia, autism, Down syndrome and individuals using augmentative devices would benefit from these simplified illustrations and vocabulary. This d$19.20$24.00Save $4.80
Practice using core AAC words (look) in an engaging literacy activity. The Core Words Interactive Book series can be used to help teach first words with the early intervention population. Or, with older students with complex communication needs.
Use the color pages as a one-on-one or group activity in speech therapy. The black and white pages makes a fantastic lesson that can be taken home for homework. Provide even more support with the additional sign language cards.
This download contains:
- A six-page book in color and printer friendly black line.
- AAC Core 40 words: Look
- Sign language cards: Look
- Directions for assembly.
These books can be used to target:
- Early communication skills: joint attention, pointing, making choices
- Building vocabulary by identifying or labeling single words
- Expanding from words to phrases (ex. “on” to “on the table”)
- Answering simple “wh” questions (What, Where, Who)
- Using pronouns (he/she) correctly.
- Practice core words on AAC devices.
- Building literacy skills
The books can be printed in color for repeated use or black and white to share with families.
They are designed to be used as a simple early book that can easily be shared with families (black line copies) or constructed as an interactive for repeated use and high engagement (laminated pieces with Velcro).
** As a bonus, you also receive sign language cards (color and black line) for added language learning support.
Questions or Concerns
I'd love to hear from you. Send me a message, Lia@speechandlanguageathome.com
Want 50% off?
Follow me on TPT (click here) to receive updates when new items are posted. Marked 50% off for the first 24 hours!
You may also like:
Nice to meet you. I'm a pediatric speech-language pathologist working in home health/private practice. I've been a certified SLP for 20 years.
My goal is to provide beautiful, high-quality materials for every day use. I hope you find what I create to be helpful and inspiring so you can do what you do best.
Keep in touch.
*Newsletter subscribers receive FREE materials 3x a month and have access to a huge library of materials. Don't miss out.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Complex Communication Needs, Non-verbal, Special Needs, Homeschool, Early intervention, Speech Delay, Down Syndrome, ASD, Autism, Printable, Speech Therapy, Adaptive Books, Kari Bold Clip Art, Lia Kurtin SLP