Work AAC implementation into your curriculum with core words activities for building language. With an explanation of core words, and interactive books for teaching, this is a great place to start. Research tells us to focus on core vocabulary when teaching beginning communicators who need AAC.
Here are 6 therapist written interactive books illustrating how to use 6 of the 25 early core words for AAC users who are beginning communicators.
Each book tells about 1 of the words, in 12-18 pages, using a combination of clip art and Symbol Stix.
• a discussion of core vocabulary -There is a document explaining core vocabulary concepts and giving activity ideas for teaching each of the 6 in context.
• a custom die
• an 18 page “Go” book
• a 14 page “Again” book
• a 19 page “All done” book
• a 14 page “Stop” book
• a 14 page “More” book
• a 17 page “No/Not” book
• and icons for interactivity
• included also is a die template (about 2.6" cube to be assembled) with one word on each of the 6 faces.
✺ This group of core words is: again, no, go, finished, more, stop.
• The preview shows only the cover and p1 of each book.
• There are 2 book pages per printed page.
• There is also the addition of Australian pages for "More, Mum, more!" - using Mum instead of Mom. You can print whichever version works for your location.
I also have companion products, including core word communication boards: HERE
and more core words books:HERE
There are clinician created interactive books illustrating each of the first 6 core words and giving students practice with using them in the books and activities. Curriculum planning for: Go, Stop, No, More, Again, All done
I have added pages for Australians that use "Mum" instead of "Mom."
Included in the activities pack are:
• communication boards of different sizes to use; including
• a board for the first 6 words,
• a 36 location board with only the first 6 words filled in (this provides for stability of location as more words are added),
• large picture/word cards to hang up in the classroom as a class communication board, and
• a set to use for the core word Word Wall
• toy car play mat activity (in color & b/w) with 2 different file folder map sets for teaching Go, Stop, Again
• feed the monkey game to teach More and All done
• a simple question game to teach No/Not
• a game (with a game board & spinner & pieces) to teach Again (or Go Again)
• additional activity suggestions, including some that get the kids up and moving
• data sheets for time delay prompting for errorless learning
This bundle represents more than 20% off buying the 2 resources separately.
You can find the resources individually here for 6 Core Words Books and here for Teach Me 6 Core Words
You might also like Activities & Games to Learn a Year of Core (the first 6 months)
• 3 Core Vocabulary Books AAC Bundle for Negation
• AAC Core Vocabulary 10 Weeks to Communicating with 40 Core Words Beginning AAC
• AAC More Core Words Interactive Books to Teach 12 Core Vocabulary to AAC Users
If you are looking for materials and activities to teach your beginning AAC communicators here is a fantastic bundle of my 6 Core Words Books and the follow-up Teach Me 6 Core Words strategies and activities to teach core words resources.
TYPE html>Are you confused about how to teach AAC users core words? Let my resources help you! Here are 6 therapist written interactive books illustrating how to use 6 of the 25 early core words.
Each book tells about 1 of the words, in 12 pages, using a combination of clip art and Smarty Symbols
Newly updated for older students
• Also included is a die template (about 2.6" cube to be assembled) with one word on each of the 6 faces.
• This group of core words is: again, no, go, finished, more, stop.
• There is a document explaining core vocabulary concepts and giving activity ideas for teaching each of the 6 in context.
NoteThe preview shows only 1 page of each book.
I also have companion products, including core word communication boards:HERE
and more core words books:HERE
Click on the Follow Me button to be among the first to see new products hot off the presses!