Also included in
- Are you looking for a curriculum for your AAC users that builds core word use, formulation of phrases and sentences, formulation of narratives, and touches on writing skills? Feel confident implementing core vocabulary with your nonverbal and minimally verbal students.This time and money-saving bund$559.90$660.75Save $100.85
AAC users need the same language intervention as other students. This resource is meant to give them practice with formulating sentences.
This communication symbol phrase and sentence practice for AAC core words users will de-stress your planning while providing a huge bundle of stimulus items to use. Time-saving made-for-you graphics with symbols to help students practice using core vocabulary word phrases and sentences are here for you.
For students who need additional practice making sentences in their communication systems or for speech therapy practice, beyond what they get in natural contexts, this 180+ page resource goes beyond phrases to complete sentences using core vocabulary words.
Made by an SLP with more than 40 years' experience with AAC implementation.
- A variety of sentence types and parts of speech included
- Simple, as well as more complex sentences
- Include use of the copula verb, verbs, prepositions, and/or adjectives, and objects
- Include some fringe vocabulary; which is always an important part of the AAC system
- rather than focusing on the “a/the (noun) is” type of format, I continue to use core vocabulary - vocabulary that should always be a part of an AAC system which provides students with useable words regardless of whether they have specific items in their categories/topics pages.
• Provide the level of scaffolding needed for the student to provide the correct phrase with the correct vocabulary.
• Model for the student what they need to do and how to do it.
• Discuss as needed the choice of pronoun, copula verb, preposition, and object.
Students move across the sentence, choosing each correct symbol/word from a multi-symbol array to create the correct phrase or sentence to match the picture.
- He is sliding
- The heart is red.
- They are green.
- It is next to the closed bottle.
- The small duck is between the hats.
- I was looking for materials like this. It is not a common to find materials that help bridge to meaningful sentences. I have no inclination to make them and really appreciate the effort put forth on these.
- This is great for offering choices for students to form sentences, and I like how it builds from short, simple sentences to more complex sentences.
Related resources you might also like:
©susan berkowitz, slp
For use only with your own caseload