I have created three data sheets to help you through the AAC Evaluation process.
1. AAC Evaluation Data Sheet
- Breaks down each trial into different activities and allows you to check off what was observed (i.e. labeling, requesting, wh questions), level of cueing (i.e. independent, visual, verbal), and notes for each trial
- Use one data sheet for each device or app that you are trialing to keep track
2. AAC Evaluation Summary Sheet (Questionnaire)
- After trialing each device or app, go through and answer each question. This will help you determine which app or device is best for your student. What level of cueing was needed? Did they seem motivated to use the device?
3. AAC Evaluation Summary Sheet (to compare apps or devices)
- Allows you to compare up to four devices or apps.
- Write in the pros, cons, and notes for each one.
- This will allow you to compare apps, make the best decision for your student, and help you write the report.
Hope this helps!