Also included in
- This is a bundle of both the English and Spanish versions of my AAC Implementation Toolkit. To learn more about each resource, click on both of the individual products below to see more of what is included and example pages. If you have any questions about this packet, please email team Speechy Musi$50.00$80.00Save $30.00
One of the most important parts of AAC implementation is making sure that the entire team (family members, staff) is consistently using simple but effective AAC strategies such as consistent AAC access, modeling, and core vocabulary. This resource will help you educate others about four foundational, research-based, strategies (or "best practices") for implementing and teaching AAC.
This resources includes five sections as follows:
- AAC Basics: Get familiar with AAC, what it is, the different types, and who uses it.
- Access: Make sure the system is out and available at all times.
- Modeling: Consistently model using the system.
- Core Vocabulary: Focus on core vocabulary and keywords.
- Communication Opportunities: Plan opportunities for communication throughout the day.
Each section includes handouts that teach the skill and explain why it's so important for AAC learning. In addition, each section includes information on related skills and strategies. For example, in the communication opportunities section, there are handouts included about effective prompting and eliciting a variety of communication functions. Each section also includes a challenge in order to boost your use of each strategy and measure your increased success!
This resource also includes data sheets, reminder visuals, posters, core vocabulary boards, clear directions for modeling, AAC research citations, staff handouts, and so much more!
In addition to the AAC training guide (with the contents noted above), there is also a staff training PowerPoint (which briefly explains each of the 4 strategies) and editable forms of the challenges and data sheets included. These files are PowerPoint files which means you must have access to PowerPoint to use them.
To see a video tour of everything you will receive after purchasing the packet, please click here to watch a complete video tour on YouTube.
If you're looking for this entire resource in SPANISH, click here to check it out!
This packet does not include information on advanced implementation strategies, AAC activities, AAC assessment, or device specific information. I use many of the forms for assessment and progress monitoring, however it is not intended as a complete resource for this purpose. You can use this packet with any AAC system or device. The page number shown includes the training packet, the editable pages, AND the presentation slides in total.
Please Note: This is a zipped file. If you need help opening the file, please click here to read a tutorial from TpT.
If you have any questions about this packet, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
☟ Let's stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟