These AAC boards are designed to help your students communicate while working with race cars and a track. They can be used as a placement if you choose to have your students put some of their toys on the blank spot in the middle of the board. I have included several different boards to meet the needs of students with different skill levels. Each board contains both core and fringe words that are commonly associated with race cars. Here is a more detailed look at each board:
1) 38 Icon Board with nouns, pronouns, verbs, descriptors, prepositions, social words, and negatives.
2) 26 Icon Board with nouns, pronouns, verbs, descriptors, social words, and negatives.
3) 14 Icon Board with nouns, pronouns, and verbs.
4) 14 Icon Board with nouns, pronouns, descriptors, and verbs.
5) 9 Icon Board with nouns, descriptors, and verbs.
6) 9 Icon Board with nouns, descriptors, and verbs.
There are 3 different versions of each board. The first is color-coded using the Modified Fitzgerald Key and the second is color-coded using the system developed by Goossens, Crain, and Elder. The third is not color-coded.
All of the symbols used on the boards are Smarty Symbols.
I know that AAC needs vary greatly, so please use the “Ask a Question” feature on TPT to contact me if you would like any minor modifications to the boards. I will do my best to make them suit your needs.