Abbreviations are shortened forms of words. They’re similar to Contractions.
When you are writing and you need to squeeze a lot of words into a small space, using abbreviations can save you time and space.
is one of six common abbreviation collections I have created we use throughout our daily lives, such as learning in the classroom, reading maps, telling time, identifying people, and taking measurements.
This particular group of abbreviations is seen when reading and writing recipes for cooking, measuring the specific ingredients required to make a dish, as well as knowing how to accurately convert metric measurements into customary ones, or visa versa.
Included in Short - Order Kitchen’s Activity Unit are:
- front & back covers for booklet use
- Construction Instructions
- Lesson Plan
- Anchor Chart Diagram
- Pre -Test Forms with Answer Cards
- Game Sort Mats with Storage Pocket & Game Pieces*
- Response Sheets
- Abbreviation Sentences & Answer Sheet
*Game Pieces include the "long" word and its abbreviation.
Seven hands-on interactive activities with instructions written on an independent upper elementary level.
You can utilize this unit as:
- whole group instruction
- small group instruction
- cooperative groups
- center time activities
- partner sharing
- independent study
This 24-page Abbreviations Study:
- follows Bloom’s learning sequence for Higher Order Thinking
- includes hands-on, extension activities
- engages the learner in reading, writing, and problem- solving
- Critical Thinking Skills: classifying, explaining, evaluating, etc.
An Abbreviations Overview of the 6 Activity Units: “Understanding and Using Common Abbreviations” is available on my website:
Don’t forget to check out my other Abbreviation Products.
Please let me hear from you with any comments, concerns and/or questions.
Thank you so much!
Mz. Bizzy Lizzy