These are excellent activities to help students learning or reviewing the alphabet.
This is a letter sort packet. There are seven different sorts.
1. Letters in my Name/Letters NOT in my Name
2. Lowercase Letter Sort - Tall Letters, Short Letters or Letters with a Tail. A graph is also included for this sort.
3. Vertical Letter Symmetry Sort - Students look at capital letters with vertical line down the center to decide if the letter is symmetrical or not. (Letter cards included) A graph is included for this sort.
4. Horizontal Letter symmetry Sort - Students look at letter card with a horizontal line down the center to decide if the letter is symmetrical or not. (Letter cards included) A graph is included for this sort.
5. Capital/Lowercase Letter Sort
6. Consonant/Vowel Letter Sort
7. Curves, Corners, Both Letter Sort - Students look at letters, upper or lowercase letters, and decide if the letter has curves, corners or both. As a bonus I have included a "Curves, Corners, Both" Venn Diagram plus a graph to go with that sort.
I have included capital and lowercase letter cards along with the cards for the symmetry sorts. These cards should be ran on cardstock and laminated to make them more durable. You also can use letter magnets or plastic letters.
Students can write on the pages or you can use it a sorting mat and just have the students sort the cards or magnets on the mat.