ABC order is an important skill for early learners to learn and practice. These centers and activities are great for the beginning of the year, but they can be used throughout the year for review. Included are many center activities and assessments.
Here's what's included!
*Each center activity has a recording sheet.*
1. Letter Pocket Chart Activities
- Students put picture cards in ABC order.
- Letter Matching Memory (uppercase and lowercase)
- Letter and beginning sound picture matching
- Letter writing practice
2. ABC Scavenger Hunt (Read the Room)
- 3 sets of 26 short vowel words
- Recording sheets
- Can also be used as a pocket chart ABC order center
3. ABC Order Letters
- 3 sets of 16 letters for students to put into order. Recording
sheets included for each set.
4. ABC Order Color Words
- Order, write and color
5. ABC Order Number Words
- Order, write, draw
- Cut and paste sheet
6. More Letter Order
- Set of 12 cards with 3 letters and students choose which come
- Set of 12 Cards with 4 letters and students put the letters in
7. Review Sheets
- Cut and paste
- Write in the letters in order
- Circle the letter that comes first (2 and 4 letters)
8. Letter Review - "I have, Who has" Class Game
Color and black & white