This set of task cards is designed to give students practice applying their knowledge of alphabetical order to content words they'll likely see in your curriculum. Students can use these 20 ABC order task cards independently, with a partner, in a small group, or as a whole class. They will record their answers on an answer sheet and check their work using an answer key (both are provided). This is a great activity for centers, early finishers, review, and morning work.
Students are asked to:
- identify a list of words in correct ABC order
- alphabetize a list of words
- identify a word or phrase that would appear first on a page (according to ABC order)
- identify guide words that would appear on the same dictionary page as a given word (and vice versa)
- think critically about searching for a word in a dictionary, thesaurus, etc.
You can print the cards in color or grayscale and laminate them for durability. Directions for preparation and use are included.
Thanks for visiting my store!
Please click here to see more language arts resources!