Many upper elementary students struggle with putting words in ABC order. Provide them authentic ways to practice alphabetical order with content-related words they'll likely see in your curriculum! This is a great activity for centers, early finishers, review, and morning work.
You'll receive 20 task cards, a student recording sheet, and an answer key, along with suggestions for preparation and use.
• identify a list of words in correct ABC order
• alphabetize a list of words
• identify a word or phrase that would appear first on a page (according to ABC order)
• identify guide words that would appear on the same dictionary page as a given word (and vice versa)
• think critically about searching for a word in a dictionary, thesaurus, etc.
You can print the cards in color or grayscale and laminate them for durability to use over and over again in your classroom!
Thanks for visiting my store!
Please click here to see more language arts resources!