This set of 24 autumn theme task cards in two formats provides students with ABC Order practice to the first, second, and third letter.
I have provided this activity in two formats:
* Literacy Center - Print the colored cards on card stock, laminate, cut, and store for years of use.
* Individual Student Use - Print the black-and-white sheet for each student to cut out.
* Please note: The same 24 fall theme vocabulary words are used for both formats.
For both versions, each student will record the 24 words in ABC order on the recording sheet. I have provided two recording sheets, one for each format (Literacy Center or Individual Student Use).
I created this activity with my 3rd graders in mind, but it can be used appropriately with many 2nd graders. It is aligned with the following Common Core ELA-Language Standards:
** Second Grade (L.2.2.E) and (L.2.4.E)
** Third Grade (L.3.2.G) and (L.3.4.D)
You will find the following included:
* Relevant Common Core Standards and introduction (1 page)
* Teacher Directions (1 page)
* 24 cut-apart full color autumn themed task cards (3 pages)
* 24 cut-apart black-and-white autumn themed task cards (1 page)
* Recording Sheet - 2 versions (2 pages)
* Answer Key (1 page)
The recording sheets and Individual Student Use task cards sheet are in ink-saving black & white. The Literacy Center task cards are in color.
You can find more fall activity packets in my store as I post them under the “Fall into Autumn” custom category to the left; please check back, as I plan on adding more!
Thank you so much for checking out my product! Please contact me with any questions. And if you follow my TpT store by clicking on the green “Follow Me” star up by my picture, you will be the first to hear of new products and sales!
Copyright 2014 by Pamela J. Wendt of Hedgehog Reader
(The Common Core Standards are © Copyright 2010 by National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers; all rights reserved.)