ABC Phonics Bingo: a EFL ESL ELL ABC Phonics game
This set includes:
1. 40 Bingo Double Sided Bingo Boards:
2. 47 Double Sided Calling Cards:
3. Front of Board and Cards: pictures
4. Back of both: lower case letter
5. Great for Kindergarten Students, Beginning EFL, ESL students,
6. All words ALSO in My English Book and Me 3 texts
What is GREAT about THIS BINGO?
1. It can be used in a variety of ways.
2. Students learn vocabulary and phonics
3. It re-enforces and reviews the vocabulary and phonics in the My English Book and Me 3 texts
**** The front and the back do not exactly match up. Why??? We don't want kids peeking on the back to find the answer. *****
Suggestions on Use:
a. Use the picture side of the board and cards. Students learn vocabulary. They should say a full sentence " I have a rabbit. " before receiving a token.
a. Use the picture side of the board and the letter side of the cards. Students look at the letter on the calling card. If they have a word that begins with that letter, they can put a token on it. Let your class decide the rules: if there are 2 pictures that begin with g --- put tokens on BOTH pictures? or on only 1?? (student can decide themselves which 1 if only 1 allowed.)
a. Use the letter side of the board and the picture side of the calling cards. Students look at the picture on the calling card. If they have a the letter that matches the picture, they can put a token on it. Let your class decide: If there are 2 letter g --- put tokens on both g or only 1??
Why does it say “ I h a v e “ at the top and NOT “ B I N G O “ :
1. In our EFL classroom, we want out students speaking in FULL SENTENCES. I have a cat. I have brown….
2. By putting I h a v e at the top, readers can read and say the full sentence easily.
This game complements My English Book and Me 3 (buy in Japan through ETJ book service /// or outside Japan on TpT).
Looking for more ABC Phonics Games / Flashcards? More Materials to complement My English Book and Me 3?
3 levels of Flip ’n Read
4 levels of Read ’n Match
We upload 1 new game / flashcard set a week. Click on the green star to follow us and get updates on new products, sales and special offers.
Also, please rate and leave comments. It's a win win. You get credit to use on any purchase. And we get valuable feedback.