ABC Phonics Bingo: a fun EFL ESL ELL ABC phonics game
This set is slightly harder than the A set. More difficult words---to really re-enforce phonics.
This set includes:
1. 40 Bingo Double Sided Bingo Boards:
2. 50 Double Sided Calling Cards:
3. Front of Board and Cards: pictures
4. Back of both: lower case letter
5. Great for Kindergarten Students, Beginning EFL, ESL students,
6. All words ALSO in My English Book and Me 3 texts
7. **** The letters and pictures on the front and the back of the boards do not exactly line up. We did this on purpose.
What is GREAT about THIS BINGO?
1. It can be used in a variety of ways.
2. Students learn vocabulary and phonics
3. It re-enforces and reviews the vocabulary and phonics in the My English Book and Me 3 texts
**** The front and the back do not exactly match up. Why??? We don't want kids peeking on the back to find the answer. *****
Suggestions on Use:
a. Use the picture side of the board and cards. Students learn vocabulary. They should say a full sentence " I have a rabbit. " before receiving a token.
a. Use the picture side of the board and the letter side of the cards. Students look at the letter on the calling card. If they have a word that begins with that letter, they can put a token on it. Let your class decide the rules: if there are 2 pictures that begin with g --- put tokens on BOTH pictures? or on only 1?? (student can decide themselves which 1 if only 1 allowed.)
a. Use the letter side of the board and the picture side of the calling cards. Students look at the picture on the calling card. If they have a the letter that matches the picture, they can put a token on it. Let your class decide: If there are 2 letter g --- put tokens on both g or only 1??
Why does it say “ I h a v e “ at the top and NOT “ B I N G O “ :
1. In our EFL classroom, we want out students speaking in FULL SENTENCES. I have a cat. I have brown….
2. By putting I h a v e at the top, readers can read and say the full sentence easily.
This game complements My English Book and Me 3 (buy in Japan through ETJ book service /// or outside Japan on TpT).
Looking for more ABC Phonics Games / Flashcards? More Materials to complement My English Book and Me: Elementary 1?
Click on the green star to follow us and get updates on new products, sales and special offers.
Also, please rate and leave comments. It's a win win. You get credit to use on any purchase. And we get valuable feedback.