Kids love photos and cameras and anything to do with the zoo! Enhance your alphabet studies with this fun ABC Photo Safari!
In this packet you will find some fun center activities, full group games and more to reinforce the alphabet, ABC order, Identifying/classifying by letter or beginning sound and word building.
Here is a list of the activities included:
- 2 different sets of Write the room the room cards (one with the word included, one without the beginning sound) for differentiation and a student response sheet for each. I have also included some fun cameras for the kids to use on their “Photo Safari Write the Room”!
- 2 different “ABC Order Jungle” train cards (one with uppercase letters, one with lowercase letters) to use as an “on the floor” center with 3 different response sheets
- beginning sound clip cards for a center (students id beginning sound of the animal) and response sheet.
- “Jungle Racers” sorting center- 2 different sets of cards (with and without words) and response sheet.
- 7 different word building mats, word cards, safari/jungle letters and response sheet.
- “Scoot” game(beginning sound id) with directions and response sheet
-2 different “flipbooks” for students to create using sight words and pictures.
It is common core aligned and covers these standards:
SL.K.1 I can participate conversations with my friends.
SL.K.4 I can describe things and events.
SL.K6 I can be understood when I speak in class.
LK.1 I can print my letters.
LK.2 I can write a letter for most vowel and consonant sounds.
RF.K.1 I can recognize and name all of my upper and lower case letters.
RF.K.2 I can isolate and pronounce beginning and ending sounds in words.
K.CC.5 I can count to tell “how many”.
K.MD.3 I can classify objects and count the number of objects in each category.
Let your kiddos have some fun while reinforcing the alphabet with this fun ABC Photo Safari!