Make your learning space extra adorable with these great ABC posters.
With three sizes and six color variations, you’re sure to find just what you need to teach students about the alphabet.
Special Bonus: a printable containing all the cards on one page for student use.
(Please note: these are NOT clip art. These are printables and cannot be used for new creations.)
All files come in PDF format. I’ve included several size & border color options for you in this set:
- The letter-sized options come in 12 variations: 2 background designs (edged or faded) and 6 colors of each design. You can pick your favorite color, use a mix of colors, or use one color for consonants and one color for vowels!
- The wallets come in three border colors: mixed colors, red, and green.
- The “two to a page” come in a color mix.
Due to time (and file size!) constraints, I didn’t create every possible color combo in the wallets and 2-ups. But if you contact me after purchase, I can make a special color set of either of those sizes for you.
ABOUT THESE IMAGES:
Two years ago, I had an idea for some flashcards that made sense from a reading teacher’s perspective. I was tired of flashcards that taught letters with words that early readers would never be able to spell. Giraffes and elephants are cute, but they’re impractical for a child who is learning to sound things out. (Plus, many children hear L as the beginning sound in elephant!) So I worked on a list of mostly CVC words and contacted Kate Hadfield, a digital scrapbooking graphics designer I have always admired. We worked on a set of images that I could create my dream flashcards with. (Also in my store.) And now I’ve made some posters as well!
The non-CVC words are the vowels (apple, egg, igloo, octopus, & umbrella), plus: gift, kiss, queen x-ray, & yo-yo.
There is additionally an alternative K image for those not wanting to use "kiss," which is "kite." Those files are in a separate folder within the set.
If you like these images, you may also like the ABC Beginners Flashcards
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star below "Made by Jen Strange" at the top right of the page:
click it to become a follower.
- You will then receive customized email updates about this store, as well as follower messages (with exclusive freebies!)