Thank you for your interest in my I Spy ABC Write the Room (CVC Focus).
Write the Room is a favorite activity in my classroom!
This literacy activity will get your students out of their chairs and learning with enthusiasm.
These pages are a wonderful and educational way to help your students with all the letters A-Z!! Most words are CVC words so they are easy and fun to read.
The vowels A, E, I, O, U each have two pages to choose from: The word begins with the letter (i.e., apple) OR it is used in the word (e., mat).
This pack includes:
1. 31 Write the Room Pages
2. I Spy ABC Word Cover (Color and B/W option)
3. Over 300 ABC word cards
4. My ABC Cover/page for a mini book (see example above)
5. Printable page to the write the letter, picture, word (see example above)
Each page works on several strategies:
1. Identifying and printing uppercase and lowercase letters
2. Practicing beginning, medial and ending sounds
3. Identifying beginning sounds
4. Isolating and pronouncing the beginning and medial vowel or sounds in CVC words
4. Practice handwriting and printing skills
5. Drawing pictures
This I SPY ABC Write the Room can be used in several ways:
1. Place the color cards around the room. Students will play “I SPY” and find the hidden cards. Provide the response sheet and clipboard. Children will write the corresponding word with the letter.
2. Use the pages/book during the DAILY 5 for work on writing
3. Create a journal/book and use it during small group instruction.
4. Use the pages/journal as a literacy center.
5. Use a page a day as morning work. Keep the ABC cards in a tub at their desks. Children randomly pick the cards out of the tub and write the word on the response sheet or on a white board.
6. Use the response sheets independently as an assessment worksheet for CVC words
7. Use it as ABC review in the beginning of the school year or send home for homework.
8. Use the color A-Z CVC cards for OTHER literacy activities:
***Write the words in the sand, with shaving cream or on white boards
***Create words with magnets, or other manipulatives