These centers are just-right for starting off your school year! We have included 130 pages full of LOTS of fun and engaging activities for your students to start using at the beginning of the school year. The centers cover basic skills such as number counting and identification, alphabet skills, colors, sight words and more! They are perfect for Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st grade students who need to review these skills.
- All About...My Name! (learning to identify letters in our name)
- ordering numbers to 10 (with an extension activity for higher students)
- beginning sounds match
- Backpack Bingo -> listening for sounds
- Color Sort
- Using dice to identify and print numbers
- Using dice to identify colors
- What's for Lunch? -> uppercase/lowercase matching game (can be played different ways for differentiated instruction)
- sight word idenfitication and printing
- AB patterning
- sorting colors
- 10-frame counting practice
- learning to read color words
- seriating fun (ordering objects from small to large)
- shape identification
- Colors All Around -> sight word emergent reader
- activity and follow up class book to make
- I Have...Who Has? Alphabet game
- working with numbers to 10 (dots, tallies, etc.)
- What Letter Comes Next? -> putting the alphabet in order
.........and LOTS more!
Be sure to visit out blogs for more ideas and freebies! You can also see how these activities are used in our classes after August/September 2012.
Thanks for looking!
Alessia Albanese and Tanya Solano