ABCs and 123s Learning Fun is a great collection of actiivies for letter and number/counting practice and learning. The activities are in PDF format so they can be accessed from both PCs and Macs.
1. Letter Walk: Find your way from A to Z on the heart path. Start at A and move to each letter of the alphabet in sequence by going to the left, right, up, down or diagonally.
2. ABCs in a Different Way: Practice doing the ABCs in sign language. The poster shows you how to form each letter. Play a game with a friend--one person forms a sign language letter and the other names the letter.
3. Uppercase & Lowercase Letter Matching Game: Lay out all the lowercase letter so you can see them. Put all the uppercase letter in a bag, box or hat. Each player takes turns rolling the die then pulling an uppercase letter from the bag (without looking). The player then has to match the uppercase letter drawn to the correct lowercase letter. If the it is matched correctly, the player moves the number rolled and follows any directions on the space in which he/she landed.
4. Up, Up and Away with Uppercase Letters (Uppercase Letter Sequencing): Write the uppercase letter that is missing in each three letter sequence in the balloon groups
5. Right On Track with Lowercase Letters (Lowercase Letter Sequencing): Write the lowercase letters that are missing in the alphabet sequence on the train.
6. Initial Sound Activity: Write the beginning letter of each picture (Letters A through Z)
7. I'm a Counting Star: Count the number of stars in each row and write the number in the box
8. Number Cards Sequencing: Put the number cards in order from 1-10 or 1-20. These can also be used as part of a game where students pick a card and find that number of objects.
9. Count by Twos: Using the pairs of baby feet, count by twos and write the numbers under each picture. (Or as a challenge, students can use the toes and count by tens.)
10. Count to 100: Fill in the missing numbers to count to 100.
11. Hundreds Chart Picture: Using the hundreds chart, color in the numbers given in the directions to make two different designs.
12. Number Formation Poems/Tracing: Read the poem that tell how to form each number and then practice tracing it.
13. Letter Tracing Reproducibles: Teacher created--includes upper and lower case letters in both Zaner Bloser type font and D'Nealian font (not pictured)
14. Binder Cover
15. Activity Letter: Explains how to do each activity