This resource is jam packed with everything you need to create an alphabet book that centers not just on the 26 letters of the alphabet, but also on long vowels and letter pairs. Students follow the visual cues to create their letter pictures that are easy to follow and can be done both as a large group or as an independent activity.
Here is what included:
1. Step by step directions for creation of a picture for letters A through Z.
2. Step by step directions for these letter pairs
SH CH TH PH WH OW and the 2 sounds of OO
3. Step by step directions for the Long Vowel Sounds
4. Alphabet posters that match the student made pictures in their Alphabet book
5. 6 song posters to teach the 2 sounds of the vowels as well as the sound of the letter Y when it is a vowel
Also, included is a blank template to use to create each letter picture with handwriting lines to write a word, a sentence, or simply practice writing each letter. As well as a blank template, I have included templates of what I have used in my classroom for many years. These include sight words that are introduced and reviewed with each letter. The sentences build as each letter is practiced and/or introduced. Students start with a simple two word sentence for the letter A and end with a 3 sentence page for the letter Z and the letter pairs.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO VIEW THE COMPONENTS INCLUDED!