Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
0.24 MB | 3 pages
Arts-based learning for business provides the crucible for creativity, innovation and transformation that helps us thrive in a world of change. At the community level, arts-based teaching and learning may focus on improved outcomes for special populations or for the community as a whole. To affect knowledge of the arts, for example, schools may provide instruction in visual arts, music, dance, or drama, perhaps integrating these four disciplines. Classroom models bring art activities to students in a regular classroom setting. An “artist-in-the-classroom” or “artist-in-residence” works cooperatively with the students’ regular teacher to plan and implement art or arts-based lessons.
This resource includes:
1. What are “arts-based teaching and learning” practices
2. How are arts-based teaching and learning practices implemented
3. What are the effects of arts-based teaching and learning practices
4. Positive relationships between arts and academics
5. Recommendations for the Implementation of Arts-Based Teaching and Learning
6. Resources to implement ABL