NOTES HOME TO PARENTS
ABOUT MY WEEK is a fun set of 40 notes that your students fill out at the end of each week to go home to parents. The half-page notes give parents a recap of highlights of the week in your class. What a GREAT way to build school-to-home communication! The notes also serve as self-assessments for your students.
CATEGORIES: There are 4 different, color-coded notes home in each of the following categories:
• Reading (Notes 1–4)
• Math (Notes 5–8)
• Social Studies (Notes 9–12)
• Science (Notes 13–16)
• Character Education (Notes 17–20) solving differences
• Special School Events (Notes 21–24) field trips, assemblies,
• Personal Evaluations (Notes 25–28) improvements, work
• Study Habits (Notes 29–32) being organized, effort,
• Special Classes (Notes 33–36) art, music, P.E.,
• Recap of Week (Notes 37–40) unusual, favorite, funny
SPECIAL FEATURES OF ABOUT MY WEEK
• There are enough notes for the entire school year, and they can be used more than once. Use as exit slips, look them over, and place them in Friday folders.
• Use ABOUT MY WEEK to wind down each week and discuss what was accomplished. The notes are extremely flexible and can be used in any order. You can even have students fill out more than one note at a time.
• Parents will look forward to getting a note each week and using it as a springboard to discuss their child’s weekly activities and accomplishments.
• Duplicate notes are on each page to save you paper and time.
This is a resource you’ll use and enjoy all year long. Your parents will LOVE the notes home!
by Linda Schwartz © 2016 • Pizzazz Learning
Cover and inside artwork by Kate Hadfield Designs
Border by © The Clip Art Graphics Guy
keywords: assessment, school-to-home communication, notes home
Be FIRST, to learn about NEW products and SALE notices. Click the GREEN star in my store to become a FOLLOWER.
When you purchase ABOUT MY WEEK, please take a minute to rate it to receive TpT credits.
Thanks for visiting PIZZAZZ LEARNING,
Looking for a specific skill or activity? Pizzazz Learning has Task Cards, Printables, and Worksheets for the following:
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, word problems, multi-step word problems, mental math, number patterns, fractions, money, time, place value, reviews, test prep
adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, verbs, nouns, pronouns, prepositions, subject-verb agreement
context clues, dictionary skills, alphabetical order, contractions, compounds, abbreviations, plurals, lists, proofreading, spelling, punctuation, synonyms, antonyms, rhyming, homophones, prefixes, suffixes, vocabulary, creative writing, reviews, test prep
social issues, U.S. geography, quiz cards, state trivia, U.S. presidents, famous people, famous women, famous men, famous athletes
superheroes, dogs, sports, fairy tales, birds, plants, kindness, scavenger hunts, mysteries, tolerance, bullies, kindness, word puzzles
Seasons, Holidays, & Special Occasions
beginning of the school year, back-to-school, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Hanukkah, Arbor Day, Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Memorial Day, Valentine’s Day, Veteran’s Day, Saint Patrick’s Day, Independence Day, Earth Day
early finishers, gifted and talented, quickie quizzes, critical thinking, creative thinking, quotes