This 31-page two-week unit includes Common Core ANCHOR Standards for Writing, Speaking, and Listening. This Packet develops structured and argument writing, supported by evidence, presenting information and speaking orally.
• PerfettoWritingRoom© Suggested Lesson Plan for 2-Week
Abraham Lincoln Speaking & Writing Unit
• Common Core Standards for EACH Activity
• Part ONE: Lincoln Speeches for recitation, with Overview.
• Handout for Students: “(Help!) On Giving a Dynamite
• Rubric for grading the recitations.
• Part TWO: Journaling Activity, Five-Days of “Lincoln Quotes
with prompts.” (You are provided with ten quotes/prompts
from which students choose five). Comes with Overview and
• Part TWO: Journaling IDEAS, HOW TO USE, and TIPS for
the Instructor to read.
• Part THREE: Two Handout Activities, Lincoln Quotes –
Agree/Disagree with space for examples. Comes with
Instructor Overview and grading suggestion. Each for use
towards a whole group discussion. (2-4 days).
• Part FOUR: Major In-Class Writing Activity (preparation and
research required) for use in Major Class Discussion. (1 day
writing, 1 day group discussion. You are provided with three
• Part FOUR Handout, “Rules for Discussion and Debate” –
Helpful for Students in Preparation of major Discussion
• FREEBIE as a Thanks to YOU our customer! TWO
Complimentary Handouts: Teaching the Writing Workshop,
and THE Student Guide on How to Workshop (4 Pages).
• 31 pages and 2 weeks of writing and speaking activities,
MORE if you use all of the material provided!
We thank you for purchasing this PerfettoWritingRoom© Product!
For other interesting unique and effective products, please visit us at
And visit our blog for great ideas!