ACROSTIC POETRY WRITING ACTIVITY: SNOWBALL WRITING
Shake up your poetry unit with this unique and fun acrostic poetry writing activity!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Print out all the sheets and pass them out to your students randomly. Each student gets a different sheet with different acrostic poetry topic!
2. Give them 2 minutes to write the first line of the poem
3. They write their name, crumple up the paper into a ball, and throw it to the front of the classroom. Everyone goes up to the front to grab a different “snowball” and returns to their desks.
4. After the poem is done, it is returned to the first person who completes a good copy of the poem.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• Detailed Teacher Instructions
• 30 Different pages with different topics.
TEACHER FEEDBACK ON THIS RESOURCE
♥ This is an amazing resource! The kids were so engaged and as a class, we created some incredible acrostic poems - thank you!
♥ My students LOVED this! It was a great activity to do before spring break and get them excited about our upcoming poetry unit!
♥ My students absolutely loved this activity. It was a great way to practice writing acrostic poetry together.
♥ Fun activity! Kids love this!
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
BACK TO SCHOOL SNOWBALL INTRODUCTIONS
NARRATIVE SNOWBALL WRITING
DESCRIPTIVE SNOWBALL WRITING
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!