Have your students apply their understanding of ADDING & SUBTRACTING FRACTIONS (UNLIKE DENOMINATORS) with these ERROR ANALYSIS activities.
Benefits of Math Error Analysis:
Giving students opportunities to identify and correct errors in presented solutions allows them to show their understanding of the mathematical concepts you have taught.
This resource includes 10 real-world word problem that are solved incorrectly. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION and share a helpful STRATEGY for solving the problem. An ANSWER KEY has also been provided with examples of possible answers. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
How to Use:
When I present this activity to my students, I tell them that these are errors that students from my other class made and I need their help to correct them. Students LOVE correcting other students mistakes. Students can use these activities with a partner, as a warm-up , as classwork, homework, in math centers or group work.
Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
✔ Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators.
✔ Rename to find the difference of two mixed numbers.
Common Core Alignment :
* 5.NF.1 - Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) by replacing given fractions with equivalent fractions in such a way as to produce an equivalent sum or difference of fractions with like denominators.
* MP3 - Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
This resource is included in the following bundles:
* 5th Grade Math MEGA BUNDLE
* Add & Subtract Fractions UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
More Fractions review:
* ADD & SUBTRACT FRACTIONS with UNLIKE DENOMINATORS Maze, Riddle, Coloring Page
* MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE FRACTIONS Error Analysis
* MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE FRACTIONS Task Cards
More 5th GRADE review:
* 5th Grade Math Daily/Weekly REVIEW
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.