PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Get your students successfully ADDING AND SUBTRACTING FRACTIONS & MIXED NUMBERS (unlike denominators) with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity.
1. Add and Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their skills in adding and subtracting fractions. Students use their answers to navigate through the puzzle.
2. Add and Subtract Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators RIDDLE
Students find the sum or difference for each problem and use their answers to solve the riddle.
3. Add and Subtract Fractions and Mixed Numbers COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators. Students use their answers to color the picture.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice ADDING AND SUBTRACTING FRACTIONS & MIXED NUMBERS (unlike denominators) while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
✔ Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators.
✔ Rename to find the difference of two mixed numbers.
Common Core Aligned:
* 5.NF.1 - Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) by replacing given fractions with equivalent fractions in such a way as to produce an equivalent sum or difference of fractions with like denominators.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More FRACTIONS Resources
More 5th Grade Review:
Attention Districts and Departments: If you are purchasing for your school's department, please buy the appropriate amount of licenses. If you are a large school district and you are interested in a full district license, please contact me for a district-wide quote.
Tips for Customers!
- Follow my store to receive updates on of my paid and free resources!
- If you enjoy this product, please leave positive feedback to gain credits for future purchases!
- If you have questions or problems please contact me through Product Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...