Get your students successfully ADDING AND SUBTRACTING FRACTIONS & MIXED NUMBERS (unlike denominators) with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity.
1. Add and Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their skills in adding and subtracting fractions. Students use their answers to navigate through the puzzle.
2. Add and Subtract Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators RIDDLE
Students find the sum or difference for each problem and use their answers to solve the riddle.
3. Add and Subtract Fractions and Mixed Numbers COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators. Students use their answers to color the picture.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice ADDING AND SUBTRACTING FRACTIONS & MIXED NUMBERS (unlike denominators) while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
✔ Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators.
✔ Rename to find the difference of two mixed numbers.
Common Core Aligned:
* 5.NF.1 - Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) by replacing given fractions with equivalent fractions in such a way as to produce an equivalent sum or difference of fractions with like denominators.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
* 5th Grade Mazes, Riddles, Coloring Activities BUNDLE
* 5th Grade Math MEGA BUNDLE
More FRACTIONS Resources
* MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE FRACTIONS Error Analysis
* MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE FRACTIONS Task Cards
* MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE FRACTIONS Word Problems with Graphic Organizers
* MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE FRACTIONS Maze, Riddle, & Coloring Page
More 5th Grade Review:
* 5th Grade Math Common Core WEEKLY/DAILY REVIEW WARM-UPS
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only.
Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.