'Addition Facts Game'- A Math Solitaire Game designed to give students some quiet time to practise and reflect on their Math learning. The game incorporates strategic thinking into the learning of Math facts.
What you need:
1 game board
Place a counter on all but the blank circle.
To leave only ONE counter on the board.
How to Play:
Triangular Math Solitaire is played by jumping counters over each other to the empty spaces on the other side. It takes 5 minutes to learn but a lifetime to master
Rules to Remember:
1. Players can only jump horizontally AND along diagonals.
2. Multiple jumps are allowed.
3. Remove counters from the board as soon as they are jumped over then answer the algorithm revealed by the removed counter.
4. The game is over when no more 'jumps' are possible.
Skill Level Scale:
Grandmaster - One counter left on the algorithm which was vacant at the beginning of the game.
Expert - Two counters left.
Apprentice - Three counters left.
Novice - Four counters left.
Beginner - Five or more counters left.
7 Boards are Included in this Download:
- Doubles - Doubles + 1, Doubles + 2, Adding 9, Facts to 10 & a Blank Board.
Also Included in This Game:
- Teaching strategies for before the game
- Teaching tips for during the game
- Teaching tips for after the game
- Possible variations of the game
- Possible extensions of this activity
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)