Also included in
- Are you looking for addition math centers so your students can practice their addition math facts within 20 all year long? Then you've come to the right place!This bundle includes fifteen different addition math center puzzle games! Get it now! You save more than 30%! Check out all the resources inc$35.00$63.00Save $28.00
- Students need practice at basic math facts - lots of it! With this seasonal bundle of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division puzzles - your students will get that basic math fact practice all year long! During to the coronavirus, the downloads in this resouce can be put on secure websit$150.00$252.00Save $102.00
- If you've been looking for a way to save money AND have some Addition Winter Activities FUN, this is the download for you. You'll get FOUR of my winter math puzzles - snowman, mitten, penguin, and igloo. These are sure to be a hit with your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students.How can these puzzles be u$10.00$12.00Save $2.00
These Snowman Math Centers Addition Puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all students! All three puzzles are engaging and fun!
Let your students practice their addition facts with these fun Snowman Shaped Puzzles. They are perfect for December, January, winter, and snowman math centers! Each of the three puzzles will have students match 18 different addition problems through 20.
WHAT YOU GET:
• Three snowman puzzle options (13 pieces each) with 18 addition problems for facts 0-20
• No Prep options of the three puzzles above
• Two editable rubric options
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
• Centers, stations, or rotations
• Review of adding skills
• Early or fast finishers
• GATE (gifted and talented education)
• Worksheet alternatives
• Critical thinking skills
• Student, partner, or small group collaboration
• a winter or Christmas craftivity
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
• Such a creative way to practice math facts!
• These are so cute, and my first graders LOVED them...They keep asking me for more! Thanks!
• Easy to use. Easy to implement. Really helped student understanding.
• My students LOVED doing these puzzles as an early finisher task. I kept the end shape a secret to see if they could create it correctly!
• Great way to teach addend + addend = sum! Thanks!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY
If you want an addition puzzle you can use at ANY time of year, check out this set of Addition Magic Square Puzzles.
Your first, second, and third grade classroom or homeschool students are going to LOVE these fun winter addition snowman puzzles!
This will help address Common Core State Standards 1.OA.C.6 and 2.OA.B.2
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the snowman. The circle pieces will be the most challenging. Tell students to rotate them around until they fit. This is where their critical thinking skills will come into play!
There are two options for the puzzles. One option is each of the three puzzles in its full snowman man shape. The other option is the puzzle pieces separate so students do not know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don't know the shape. These will be more challenging. Plus they are no prep – just print and go!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
Preparation and Storage: You will need to print off the number of copies you need. (I recommend printing them on cardstock and laminating them.) I have used these as individual work, partner work, and small group work. They also work well for students who finish early or for use during center time. Cut the puzzles out and put them into plastic baggies for students’ use. I put each set in its own plastic baggie. Then I put all of these baggies and one original sheet in a manila envelope with the name of the activity on the front. This way I have the answer key and all materials readily available.
If you want the students to do the cutting – simply print out the “pre cut” puzzles and hand one sheet to each child. Easy. Done! NO PREP!
Directions to Play: Give students the cut-up puzzle sheet. Tell them they need to put the snowman math center puzzle back together. The first time you have the students complete one of these. You can also give them the hint (because I have found some do not figure this out!) that the snowman needs to be fully formed when they are done.
Correcting Student Work: To easily check a student’s completed work, keep an original copy of the puzzle sheet they are working on. This way you can immediately check to see if the shape is correct and that all the pieces are in the correct order.
These Snowman Math Centers Addition Puzzles are great for Christmas, winter, math centers, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from these puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant snowman math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. HoJoSnow HoJoWint
Want an update every time I post a new resource? You'll also get my monthly newsletter right in your TpT inbox. Click here to follow my store now!
Thanks for looking!
Looking for more winter holiday resources? Try these!
Christmas Tree Multiplication Puzzles
Christmas Tree Division Puzzles
Christmas Tree Addition Puzzles
Christmas Tree Subtraction Puzzles
Gingerbread Man Multiplication Puzzles
Gingerbread Man Division Puzzles
Gingerbread Man Addition Puzzles
Gingerbread Man Subtraction Puzzles
Mitten Multiplication Puzzles
Mitten Division Puzzles
Mitten Addition Puzzles
Mitten Subtraction Puzzles
You'll also love these winter literacy puzzle games. They work great for December or January learning fun!
• Winter Literacy Center Game | Compound Words
• Winter Literacy Centers: Antonyms Snowman Puzzle
• Winter Literacy Centers: Compound Words Puzzles
• Winter Literacy Centers: Contractions
• Winter Literacy Centers: Irregular Plural Nouns
• Winter Literacy Centers: Irregular Verbs Snowman Puzzles
• Winter Literacy Centers: Synonyms Snowman Puzzle