Also included in
- Teach Folktales Using a Hybrid of Traditional and Virtual Methods With Your Students!Are you frustrated when trying to find engaging virtual resources aligned with your curriculum and standards?You know you need engaging technology resources that help students achieve learning outcomes, but what doe$42.50$56.21Save $13.71
Teach Fables Using a Hybrid of Traditional and Virtual Methods With Your Students!
Are you frustrated when trying to find engaging virtual resources aligned with your curriculum and standards?
You know you need engaging technology resources that help students achieve learning outcomes, but what does that look like in the classroom and distance learning?
I know you are tired of students CONSUMING information when using technology. You need already prepared resources to push out to students, aligned to your objectives, and allow students to showcase their depth of knowledge.
I developed these digital interactive notebooks to go with my folktale units and allow students to CREATE content.
Invest in Yourself and Your Students Today!
With this fables unit and digital interactive notebook, you no longer have to be frustrated by finding the resources you need to engage your students. Plus, stop wasting time planning and looking for support. This unit is what you need to teach fables to your students.
This unit uses the 5E's of Instruction to teach fables. In the unit, you find:
- Link to create a copy of a digital interactive notebook
- Jamboard to engage students
- Students explore fables through close reading strategies using both traditional and hybrid methods
- A variety of graphic organizers to print or assign digitally for students to explain their thinking about the fable
- Resources to assist students in writing their folktale
- Ideas for evaluating student work using retelling rubrics
Fables: Animals and their Stories
This 83-page pdf has ten fable stories, including one reader's theater. The stories in this unit include:
- The Fox and the Crow
- The Rat and the Elephant
- The Crow and the Pitcher
- The Lion and the Mouse
- The Tortoise and the Hare
- The Fox and the Goat
- The Fox and the Grapes
- The Tortoise and the Eagle
- The Ants and the Grasshopper
- The Frog and the Ox
There are over
- 10 graphic organizers
- Picture glossary template
- Fable planning spinners
- Writing template
- Close reading bookmarks
- Text dependent question writing prompts
- Character cards
- Link to make a copy of a digital interactive notebook using Google Slides™
- Link to make a copy of a Google Jamboard™
- Folder of image files of all of the graphic organizers to use in other web applications such as Book Creator and SeeSaw™
Using 21st-century tools is the most effective way to differentiate and develop critical thinking skills with your students. When it's not the right time to use technology, this unit has just what you need to use traditional methods when working with your students.
You know that sometimes, students need to read and write without using technology. However, when you use digital interactive notebooks, students can use traditional methods and yet turn-in their work digitally.
Why You Can No Longer Afford To Ignore Using Technology In Your Classroom
- Stop feeling anxious if there are times you need to teach remotely.
- Using digital interactive notebooks saves you time.
- Spend less time making copies.
- Grade student work from any device.
- Stop carrying tons of papers home every weekend.
All of this means more time with your students and with your family.
Common Core State Standards
Grab it today, and don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love to hear your feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,