AI and AY vowel digraphs posters and worksheets
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Teach long vowels, vowel teams, and diphthongs with these easy-to-use charts/posters, word walls, and 290 differentiated worksheets. Each of the print-and-go vowel teams and diphthong worksheets is perfect for teaching and consolidating spelling patterns and can be used as independent work in centerPrice $25.00Original Price $40.50Save $15.50
Reinforce the ai and ay vowel digraphs with this comprehensive vowel teams pack. Ideal for enhancing your students' word work skills, the pack contains a range of posters and worksheets, making it the perfect resource for mastering the ai and ay spelling patterns.
These versatile posters and worksheets have been carefully designed to meet the needs of different learning environments. Whether you're looking to enhance your literacy centers, support intervention programs, provide enrichment for early finishers, facilitate spiral review, or engage students in whole and small group activities, this pack has got you covered. Additionally, it's perfect for sub tubs, providing a seamless transition for substitute teachers.
Each vowel digraph has:
- A poster with six illustrated examples of each word.
- A poster with a list of either ‘ai’ or ‘ay’ words.
- 1 title card and 11 illustrated words for a word wall.
- 2 recording sheets for use with the charts are also supplied.
6 worksheets are provided for each individual vowel digraph covering a range of skills:
- Read and Draw - This worksheet requires students to read the sentence and draw the appropriate picture.
- Read and Highlight - Students roll the die, read one sentence, and then use a highlighter to identify the vowel digraph in focus.
- Spell the Word - Students spell the word by coloring the letters it contains
- Missing Letters - To complete this activity, students cut out the letter tiles and paste them beside each picture in order to make a word. The remaining letters will spell a word with the vowel digraph in focus.
- Find the Word - Students identify the word and then write it in the matching word box.
- Spin a Picture – Students must spin a picture and then find the word on the sheet and color it.
6 worksheets that focus on both ‘ai’ and ‘ay’ words are also provided:
- Picture Sort - Students must say what each picture is and listen for a long a or short a sound then paste it in the appropriate place.
- ‘ai’ or ‘ay’ - Students say each picture and then determine whether it has an ‘ai’ or ‘ay’ digraph and write it in the appropriate place.
- Word Sort - Students sort the digraphs into the appropriate column.
- Roll and Read - Students gain practice with reading lists of words containing each vowel digraph.
- Three in a Row - In this game for one or two players, students must identify which words are spelled with ‘ay’ and which with ‘ai’. A recording sheet is also provided.
- Spin and Write - This advanced word work activity focuses on spelling. In order to complete the spelling of a word, students spin a vowel digraph and write it on the word wall in the correct place.
British English spelling is also included.
This product can be found in Phonics Bundle - posters and worksheets (US Spelling) and Phonics Bundle - posters and worksheets (Australian Spelling)
You might also be interested in:
OA and OW vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
EE and EA vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OO vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OI and OY diphthongs- posters and worksheets
OW and OU diphthongs- posters and worksheets
R Controlled Vowels - posters and worksheets
IE and IGH - posters and worksheet
Magic e - posters and worksheets
Become a follower and take advantage of my Early Bird Specials, freebies, and product launches. All new products, excluding bundles, are half-price for the first 24 hours of listing. Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.