Are your students required to take AIR or PARCC standardized tests (or similar state standardized tests like Smarter Balanced, FCAT, etc)? If yearly state standardized testing is a part of your 4th grade teaching reality, this product is a must-have for your test prep arsenal!
This product contains a full English Language Arts practice test in the style of the AIR and PARCC standardized tests (both of which are incredibly similar to other state testing used around the United States). While this test was not developed *by* AIR or PARCC, it was developed after close evaluation of recent standardized test question styles, wording, and levels of rigor.
The questions within this assessment are varied and appropriately challenging for 4th grade students. Questions are 100% text-dependent; multiple question and answer formats (two part A/B questions, chart-based questions, select multiple answers, etc) are included to mirror an actual AIR or PARCC assessment.
This practice test includes:
- 1 appropriately challenging fiction passage with seven corresponding questions
- 2 paired original nonfiction texts with seven corresponding questions
- 1 AIR "multi-paragraph" informative essay response prompt related to the two paired nonfiction texts
- 1 PARCC-style "research simulation task" essay question (to be used in place of the AIR-style response above)
- Answer key
- Suggested directions for use
With practice tests like this, I've helped hundreds of students achieve success on yearly state standardized assessments. I hope this product helps you achieve similar results with your students as well!
Note: While this product is designed for 4th grade students, it may also be helpful for advanced 3rd grade students and/or developing 5th grade students!
Check out my other high-quality test prep products!