Are your students required to take AIR or PARCC standardized tests (or similar state standardized tests like Smarter Balanced, etc)? If yearly state standardized testing is a part of your 7th grade teaching reality, this product is a must-have for your test prep arsenal!
This product contains a full English Language Arts practice test in the style of the AIR and PARCC standardized tests (both of which are incredibly similar to other state testing used around the United States). While this test was not developed *by* AIR or PARCC, it was developed after close evaluation of recent standardized test question styles, wording, and levels of rigor.
The questions within this assessment are varied and appropriately challenging for 7th grade students. Questions are 100% text-dependent; multiple question formats (two part questions, chart-based questions, select-text questions, etc) are included to mirror an actual AIR or PARCC assessment.
This practice test includes:
- 1 challenging fiction passage with seven corresponding questions
- 2 paired nonfiction texts with six corresponding questions
- 1 AIR multi-paragraph informational response prompt related to the two paired nonfiction texts
- 1 PARCC-style essay question (to be used in place of the AIR-style response above)
- 1 complete model essay (based on the paired texts) to serve as an example of test expectations
- Answer key
- Text-only file for easy online uploading!
Along a printer-friendly PDF, this product also includes a plain-text file with all included questions. This file will make it easier for you to upload questions to an online testing platform of your choice (like Schoology, Google Classroom, etc) to better reflect an actual AIR or PARCC testing situation!
With practice tests like this, I've helped hundreds of students achieve success on yearly state standardized assessments. I hope this product helps you achieve similar results with your students as well!
Note: While this product is designed for 7th grade students, it may also be helpful for advanced 6th grade students and/or developing 8th grade students!
Check out my other high-quality test prep products!