Have fun learning about alligators while practicing important reading comprehension skills like main idea, context clues, vocabulary, and text features! What a great way to integrate science into your reading instruction.
• What Is An Alligator?
• Alligator Habitat
• Alligator Bodies
• Alligators vs. Crocodiles
• How Alligators Eat
• Alligator Babies
* Read each page, using context clues to help them fill in the missing information about Alligators. Words are provided in the the word bank at the bottom of each page.
* Reread to determine main idea and choose the correct title for each chapter (cut and paste).
* Complete the table of contents by adding the titles in the correct spot (cut and paste).
* Use the glossary to understand new vocabulary.
* Use text features - Look at a map and create a caption for it based on information in the book.
Includes links to supplemental websites and online videos about alligators.
Get ALL of my "All About" Books in a discounted bundle HERE