For this almost stream of consciousness story by Tom O'Brien, here is a unit that follows the Close Reading format and aligns with Common Core ELA Reading Informational and Writing.
- A one page handout/fill-in-blanks for the Back-story, with a glossary
- An introduction worksheet that leads to students reading the complete story
- A "First Impressions" graphic organizer handout for students to use after they have read the story
- Close Reading questions on a two page worksheet
- Analytic Questions and room for notes (4 prompts)
- An Essential Question writing page, with prompt.
Aligns with Common Core ELA 9,10,11,12 Reading Informational
R1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Writing W 1, 4, 5, 6
I also have products for the following:
WHERE HAVE YOU GONE, CHARMING BILLY?