This resource covers the integral, surface and deep features of a story. It contains full-on activities and assessments to cover the skills of literacy in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. It includes everything you need to get going with story analysis for critical appreciation in your classroom.
This Resource Includes:
1. Story - Dinner Party
2. Detailed Lesson Plan
3. Story Components
4. Formats - Setting, Plot, Critical Appreciation
5. Story Analysis Guide
6. Assessment Rubrics
7. Support Material (2)
8. Word Bank - Verbs, Adverbs, Adjectives, Connectives
9. Presentation - Dinner party
• Describe the setting.
• Identify the characters, their roles and make a character description.
• Develop the plot.
• Critically analyze the story.
• Make a critical appreciation of the story.
Teachers can use this to enhance the analyzing skills of the learners, especially the technique needed to make a critical appreciation of a story.