The purpose of this project is to introduce students to the ancient civilizations they will be studying throughout the school year. This project is designed to teach the skills students will need to unpack the history\social science content standards. The activities in this lesson are inquiry based and include investigation and collaboration. Students individually and in groups, will explore an assigned chapter in their world history textbook and ponder big ideas such as:
• How did geography affect where people settled?
• What do artifacts tell us about the people who lived in the past?
• How did early humans change over time?
• Why is it important to study the past?
• How does religion, beliefs, and philosophies impact daily life?
After completing the graphic organizer, students will collaborate with their group members to create a “copycat” of a National Geographic Magazine cover highlighting the valuable information they gathered from their research.
Check out my other products:
Back To Middle School: The ABC's of My Summer Vacation (Personal Narrative)
From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers- An Informational Poster