Also included in
- Explore the legacy of Andrew Jackson in a debate activity with your students. Instead of the boring lecture and notes, have your students analyze primary source images, read text for point of view, create Pop-Up graphically organized notes, and debate the essential question – Should Andrew Jackson b$9.99$13.98Save $3.99
- My US History resource bundle has lesson plans and activities for the entire year – from Exploration and Colonization to activities for the Civil War and Reconstruction. These resources can be used for distance learning with Google Slides!!! ✨Save over $200 when you purchase the bundle now!✨ **Ple$600.00$836.03Save $236.03
- Do your kids love Doodle Notes? Buy them all and save! This bundle will give you access to all of my US History Doodle Notes activities - resources that span from the Why Study History? to Reconstruction. Please download the preview for each resource to see detailed directions and samples! Doodle no$110.10$122.33Save $12.23
- This bundle of resources will provide you with a month's worth of content lessons. Engage your students with Doodle Notes, debates, games and a lap book! Updated in 2020 to include Google Slides™ and BOOM Cards for distance learning!Purchase the bundle of resources for the New Republic for huge sav$99.99$137.82Save $37.83
Explore the legacy of Andrew Jackson in a discussion activity with your students. Instead of the boring lecture and notes, have your students analyze primary source images, read informational text with primary source quotes, complete Doodle Notes, and debate the essential question – Should Andrew Jackson be praised or condemned for his actions?
The lesson begins with an anchor chart on point of view and word wall terms. After a preview question, students read an essay on Jackson’s life and actions as president. At several points during the lesson, they are asked to discuss the essential question. They will take notes on Jackson’s actions with Doodle Notes! At the end of the lesson, they will summarize key events with images and debate his role in history.
Included in this lesson are:
- Detailed directions for the activity
- 6 pages of background essays on Andrew Jackson including these topics: Jackson’s early life, the Election of 1824, the birth of the Democratic Party, 2nd National Bank, the Nullification Crises, Worcester v. Georgia, the Indian Removal Act, and the Trail of Tears
- Doodle Notes
- primary source images to analyze
- image placards for a spectrum to wrap-up the lesson
- 8 terms with images for your word wall
- A PowerPoint presentation to guide you through the lesson
Please download the preview for detailed directions and samples!
You can find TASK CARDS to review this activity here!
Doodle notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit doodlenotes.org for more information.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
© 2016, 2019 Social Studies Success, LLC. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote. Do not share this document with Amazon Inspire.
Please review all product descriptions and previews. If you have a question, contact me before you purchase at SocialStudiesSuccess1@gmail.com. As this is a digital product, all sales are final.