This is a GREAT done-for-you lesson! It includes a high-impact PowerPoint presentation with a video and a student handout as well as a homework assignment. The lesson focuses on both close reading AND student discussion.
Do Now political cartoon
- PowerPoint presentation covering the basics of the Indian Removal Act. Students take notes in the space provided on their handouts. A brief video reinforces the content.
- Students work in pairs to analyze 2 primary source documents (1 for each). They identify the point of view of their documents and give evidence from the document in their answer.
- Next there is a scaffolded student discussion. Each student shares their findings while the other takes notes and asks a high--level question; then they switch roles.
- An exit ticket asks them to practice map skills.
- Homework is assigned on the last slide.
The student handout is designed in doodle-style format with places for them to color and embellish if they wish. Research has shown using both sides of your brain at the same time helps with comprehension and retention.
Take the ACHE out of teACHEr -- invest a few dollars to save a few hours.
-If you like the quality of my work please follow me to be alerted to new products and sales.
-Don’t forget to leave reviews on products you buy -- it PAYS YOU in TPT credits! Simply go to “my purchases” and click on “provide feedback”