Have your students apply their understanding of the ANGLE SUM OF A TRIANGLE and the EXTERIOR ANGLES OF A TRIANGLE with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity.
1. Angle Sum of a Triangle MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their skills in finding the missing side (leg or hypotenuse) of a right triangle. Students use their answers to navigate through the puzzle.
2. Angles of a Triangle COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to find the missing side (leg or hypotenuse) of a right triangle as well as to determine if a triangle is a right triangle using the converse of the Pythagorean Theorem. Students use their solutions to color the picture.
3. Exterior Angles of a Triangle RIDDLE
Students must determine if a given triangle is a right triangle by using the Converse of the Pythagorean Theorem. They must then use their solutions to solve the riddle.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice solving problems using the ANGLES OF A TRIANGLE while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Angle Sum of a Triangle (Interior Angles)
✔ Exterior Angles of a Triangle
Common Core Aligned:
* 8.G.5 - Use informal arguments to establish facts about the angle sum and exterior angle of triangles, about the angles created when parallel lines are cut by a transversal, and the angle-angle criterion for similarity of triangles.
More ANGLES OF TRIANGLES Resources:
* PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
* TASK CARDS
* MAZE, RIDDLE, & COLORING PAGE
BUNDLE UP & SAVE $$ with my Angles of Triangles UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
Get it all in my 8th Grade Common Core MEGA-BUNDLE!
More 8TH GRADE review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.