Cute & easy to print activities to complement your teaching about ANZAC Day. I have designed these activities for Junior Years students, however the writing templates are open ended to allow for different text types to be used by upper grades.
I have kept this simple to complement what you teach your students about ANZAC Day (which I know varies with year levels, schools & individuals). I have included ideas for each part and hope that your children enjoy the cute craft aspects to the tasks.
Please note that this is AUSTRALIAN specific for ANZAC Day. My apologies to New Zealand teachers.. I did not have the correct clip art to represent your armed forces in the same way.
* Soldier Craftivity plus writing sheets
- Soldier cut out plus bugle and poppy for students to colour/paint
- two different writing sheet options (one plain for a thank you letter or description and ANZAC acrostic)
*Info Pages and Snapshot of ANZAC Day
-2 colour printables with basic information about ANZAC Day written in ‘child-friendly’ language. Print & laminate to display with the students’ work
-Snapshot of ANZAC Day – perfect for pre-writers to use for recounts or could be used to show facts that students know about ANZAC Day (could draw or write)
* Writing Pages
- three different choices of writing pages. These are perfect for recount writing after ANZAC Day, to use for an informational report or ‘What ANZAC Day means to me’
* Australia’s Defence Force Cut & Match
- A simple cut, paste, match & colour activity to learn about the different branches of the Australian Defence Force. These are already jumbled so would be a great follow on from a research lesson.
***Download the preview for a closer look of what is included ***
Are you looking for fine motor activities to set up for your class? Why not check out my Fine Motor Activity Kits Mega Pack
! A great way to create 36 awesome fine motor kits to use for morning work, rotations, free choice or support at home.
What about fun Word Work activities that work with ANY word list
Check out my store
for other great Southern Hemisphere specific resources.
Don’t forget to provide feedback on this product to earn TpT credits that you can use to lower the cost of future purchase!
If you have any concerns or queries please don’t hesitate to contact me email@example.com. For updates on products and teaching ideas like the Facebook page Stay Classy Classrooms
Thank you for visiting Stay Classy Classrooms