Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
7.55 MB | 25 pages
Here is a great AP Biology resource that includes 21 different activities. These activities address six learning objectives covering aerobic cellular respiration, bioenergetics, and photosynthesis. A variety of assessments are included. Here is a summery of each document included:
1. Teacher notes on what's included with notes on instructional strategies.
2. Aerobic Cellular Respiration Sequence Cards (and answer key): These cards can be cut out and sequenced, or used as flash cards for study groups. The cards have statements that apply to glycolysis, Krebs Cycle, Electron Transport, and Chemiosmosis. The answer key lists a reasonable order of events.
3. Cellular Respiration and Fermentation Input/Output Chart (and answer key). These charts have columns for input, output, location, and function of the components of cell respiration and fermentation.
4. Cornell notes are provided for essential vocabulary. These can be projected for easy to follow notes. My students like to view these at the beginning and end of a unit.
5. Cellular Respiration and Fermentation Tests are 30-item multiple choice. Included are two versions and answer keys.
6. Bioenergetics Short Answer Questions ask students to describe the basics of feedback, homeostasis, and energy allocation. The final question asks students to describe the antagonistic effects of insulin and glucagon.
7. Bioenergetics PowerPoint has 28 slides about energy allocation in plants and animals. This sets the stage for the Bioenergetics Comparison Chart.
8. Bioenergetics Comparison Chart and answer key lists representative organisms and their thermoregulatory and reproductive strategies. This can be copied as a Google Doc or a worksheet; it makes a great class project.
9. Photosynthesis Input/Output Chart and Answer Key. Here's a great homework assignment, or note-taking format. It covers input, output, location, and function of light reactions and Calvin Cycle.
10. Non-cyclic and cyclic electron flow cut-and-paste on the zigzag diagram. A sequenced answer key is provided.
11. A photosynthesis review matching handout can be used as an assessment, homework review, or quick self-check. An answer key is provided. Students match light and dark reactions with 25 different statements.
12. Modified floating leaf disk photosynthesis lab. This is a re-written lab that is similar to the College Board's AP Investigative Labs; however, I condensed the instructions from ten to two pages and added a list of optional variables. I also added a few hints in terms of the solutions and using the vacuum plunger.