These AP biology crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for high school students. I give these to my students before each unit test as a fun review. An understanding of vocabulary is essential to acing the AP Biology exam! This pack consists of five crossword puzzles about cells, plus an answer key.
The crossword puzzles are:
1) The Cell (peroxisomes, chloroplast, integrins, lysosome, vacuole, vacuoles, cytoplasm, prokaryotic cell, cell wall, plasma membrane, chromatin, nuclear envelope, ribosomes, phagocytosis, endosymbiont theory, eukaryotic cell, chromosomes, mitochondria, Golgi apparatus, smooth endoplasmic reticulum, dyneins, cytoskeleton, nucleolus)
2) Membrane Transport (diffusion, pinocytosis, active transport, facilitated diffusion, enzyme-mediated transport, plasmolysis, peripheral proteins, gated ion channel, exocytosis, glycolipids, transport, passive transport, integral, amphipathic, osmoregulation, aquaporins, membrane potential, fluid mosaic model, osmosis, isotonic, phagocytosis)
3) Cell Signaling (synaptic signaling, steroids, hormone, GTP, kinase, phosphorylation, local siganling, inactive, transduction, relay proteins, phosphatases, paracrine signaling, Sutherland, reception, ligand, endocrine signaling, response, cyclic AMP)
4) The Cell Cycle (anaphase, checkpoints, centriole, interphase, growth factor, genome, cleavage, malignant, metastasis, chromosomes, prophase, benign, replication, transformation, metaphase, mitosis, gametes, cytokinesis, cell division, metastasis, kinetochore, somatic cells, chromatids, binary fission)
5) Meiosis & Sexual Lifestyles (gametes, sexual reproduction, autosomes, chiasmata, heredity, locus, haploid, zygote, prophase, gene, metaphase I, genetics, diploid, karyotype, prophase I, alteration of generations, increases, homologous chromosomes, fertilization)
Check out my preview to see what you're getting!
Check out the other volumes in this series:
AP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 1: Foundations of Biology and ChemistryAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 2: Cell Signaling, Replication, and SignalingAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 3: Metabolism, Photosynthesis and Cellular RespirationAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 4: GeneticsAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 5: EvolutionAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 6: EcologyAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 7: Anatomy, Physiology, and Behavior
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Buy all of the volumes together in An Entire Year of AP Biology Vocabulary Crossword Puzzles Bundle
You may also be interested in my Endocrine System Exploration Stations
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!