These AP biology crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for high school students. I give these to my students before each unit test as a fun review. An understanding of vocabulary is essential to acing the AP Biology exam! This pack consists of eight crossword puzzles about genetics, plus an answer key.
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Genes and Inheritance Patterns (pleitropy, pedigree, homozygous, multifactorial, testcross, character, incomplete dominance, carriers, monohybrid cross, codominance, trait, hybridization, polygenic, multiplication law, epistasis, alleles, dihybrid cross, genotype, heterozygous, Punnett square, law of segregation, law of independent assortment, addition law, polygenic)
2) Chromosomes and Inheritance (linked genes, Klinefelter syndrome, aneuploidy, duplication, deletion, monosomic, polyploidy, sex chromosomes, recombination, trisomy, Morgan, inversion, nondisjunction, chromosome map, chromosomes, wild type, hemophilia, muscular dystrophy, crossing-over, Turner syndrome, Barr body, map unit)
3) The Molecular Basis of Inheritance (nuclease, nucleoid, euchromatin, plasmids, excision repair, telomerase, gel electrophoresis, polymerase chain reaction, antiparallel, Rosalind Franklin, restriction enzymes, heterochromatin, recombinant DNA, cloning, bacteriophages, helicases, semiconservative replication model, binding proteins, transformation, primase, Okazaki fragments, leading strands, topoisomerase)
4) Transcription and Translation (terminator, frameshift mutation, anticodon, RNA processing, primary transcript, messenger RNA, promoter, transcription factors, polymerase, missense mutation, ribosomes, transfer RNA, ribozymes, codons, gene expression, transcription, nonsense mutation, silent mutation, synthetases, alternative splicing, translation, introns, spliceosome)
5) Regulation of Gene Expression (microarray, microRNAs, probe, operator, methylation, inducer, epigenetic inheritance, repressible operon, differential gene expression, inducer, repressor, lactose, hybridization, histone acetylation, activator, inducible operon, enhancers, complementary, regulatory proteins, splicing, interference, tryptophan, transcriptase, corepressor)
6) Development, Stem Cells, and Cancer (homeotic genes, breast cancer, model organisms, morphogenesis, pluripotent, bicoid gene, differentiation, stem cells, determinants, proto-oncogenes, induction, mutations, early detection, tumor-supressor genes, oncogenes, apoptosis, pattern formation, embryonic lethal, totipotent, prostate cancer, ras gene, maternal effect gene)
7) Viruses (epidemic, influenza, virulent, capsid, lytic cycle, vaccine, reverse transcriptase, bacteriophages, retrovirus, mutates rapidly, tobacco mosaic virus, pandemic, virus, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, provirus, temperate phage, host range, restriction enzymes, envelopes, prophage, lysogenic replication)
8) Genomes and their Evolution (homeobox genes, polymorphisms, bioinformatics, genomics, sequence, retrotransposons, multigene families, gene profile, transposable elements, repetitive sequences, Hox gene, whole shotgun approach, metagenomics, short tandem repeats, domains, proteomics, systems biology, pseudogenes)
Check out my preview to see what you're getting!
Check out the other volumes in this series:
AP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 1: Foundations of Biology and ChemistryAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 2: Cell Signaling, Replication, and SignalingAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 3: Metabolism, Photosynthesis and Cellular RespirationAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 4: GeneticsAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 5: EvolutionAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 6: EcologyAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 7: Anatomy, Physiology, and Behavior
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Buy all of the volumes together in An Entire Year of AP Biology Vocabulary Crossword Puzzles Bundle
You may also be interested in my Endocrine System Exploration Stations
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!