These AP biology crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for high school students. I give these to my students before each unit test as a fun review. An understanding of vocabulary is essential to acing the AP Biology exam! This pack consists of five crossword puzzles about anatomy, physiology, and behavior, plus an answer key.
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Plant Responses to Stimuli (gibberellins, brassinosteroids, auxin, vernalization, florigen, thigmotropism, hypersensitive response, photomorphogenesis, ethylene, abscisic acid, statoliths, heat-shock proteins, systemic acquired response, action potential, circadian rhythm, senescence, phytochromes, gravitropism, expansins, phototropism, etiolation, triple response, hormones, cytokinins, short-day plants)
2) The Endocrine System (androgens, posterior pituitary gland, epinephrine, negative feedback loops, insulin, glucagon, anterior pituitary gland, pancreas, lipid-soluble, conformer, regulator, melatonin, estrogens, countercurrent exchange, endothermic, calcitonin, antidiuretic hormone, physiology, hormones, stimulus, homeostasis, hypothalamus, positive feedback loop, anatomy)
3) The Immune System (lymphocytes, effector cells, cytotoxic T cells, cell-mediated response, major histocompatability complex, humoral response, adaptive immune system, memory cells, inflammatory response, thymus, immunization, neutrophils, epitope, interferons, antibodies, complement proteins, innate response, histamine, antigen, helper T cells, macrophages, lysozyme)
4) The Nervous System (dendrites, refractory period, excitatory, volted gated ion channels, axon, hyperpolarization, motor neurons, threshold, neurons, peripheral nervous system, temporal summation, neurotransmitters, interneurons, oligodendrocytes, sensory neurons, train, spatial summation, depolarization, action potential, ion channels, Schwann cells, potassium ions, central nervous system, inhibitory)
5) Behavioral Ecology (sensitive period, spatial learning, monogamous, polygamous, sexual selection, imprinting, Tinbergen, fixed action potential, foraging, circadian rhythm, social learning, altruism, cognitive map, innate behavior, culture, associative learning, stimulus, behavioral ecology, pheromones, communication, cross-fostering study, learning, migration)
Check out my preview to see what you're getting!
Check out the other volumes in this series:
AP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 1: Foundations of Biology and ChemistryAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 2: Cell Signaling, Replication, and SignalingAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 3: Metabolism, Photosynthesis and Cellular RespirationAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 4: GeneticsAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 5: EvolutionAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 6: EcologyAP Biology Crossword Puzzles Volume 7: Anatomy, Physiology, and Behavior
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Buy all of the volumes together in An Entire Year of AP Biology Vocabulary Crossword Puzzles Bundle
You may also be interested in my Endocrine System Exploration Stations
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!