This collection of AP Biology products has been used multiple times in macromolecule and energy transformations units. AP Biology learning targets are presented with the corresponding assignment. The bundle includes well-organized charts that can be saved for exam review and/or copied onto a Google doc for sharing. Topics covered include the attributes of carbon, carbon molecules, functional groups, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and proteins. It also includes four activities on enzymes—2 labs, an essay, and a craft foam activity that illustrates competitive and non-competitive inhibition. All of the products are editable word documents as well as PDFs.
1. Cornell Notes with PowerPoint, Student Template, and Answer Keys. This covers carbon characteristics, and the structure and function of carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and proteins.
2. Functional Group Homework Worksheet and Answer Key. Note this product is also sold individually. It is a quick homework assignment and a great chart to keep for the AP Exam review.
3. Functional Group Quiz, 2 versions with Answer keys. This also makes a great exit ticket.
4. A Macromolecule Chart to project as well as a student template for homework or note taking. The answer key is worth projecting so students can have a great graphic organizer to save for the AP Exam review.
5. Multiple Essays with Rubrics (protein structure and function, carbohydrate structure and function, and enzyme rate calculations and discussion). Student copies and easy rubrics for quick scoring are included.
6. Three versions of a quick and easy macromolecule assessment with answer keys. All versions look identical but have a different set of answers. They promise to keep kids sitting in close proximity submitting their own work.
7. Organisms and pH Lab. This is a great starter lab for an AP class that requires pH probes, eggs, .1M HCl, .1M NaOH. Students graph data and compare pH in tap water and egg white. It is a streamlined version of a buffer lab with critical thinking questions that directly relate to AP Biology learning objectives.
8. A super fun and comprehensive enzyme virtual lab. The website is provided with worksheets and answer keys.
9. A set of instructions for Enzyme Inquiry and fail-safe questions that lead students to design their own experiment.
10. Enzyme Craft Foam Activity directs students in a fun model of enzyme functions. Their product is displayed in a folder for classmates to view.
Please note that three of these products are sold as individual products. If you have purchased the Functional Group Homework Worksheet, Functional Group Quiz, and the Enzyme Craft Foam Activity, you will still get eight new products, but three will be previous purchases.