Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This all in one bundle is everything that you need to cover the topic of atomic structure and periodicity in any AP chemistry course!
What does this bundle include?
- A detailed unit syllabus
- THREE entire homework packets WITH ANSWER KEYS for carefully guided student practice
- FIVE comprehensive lesson plan bundles on atomic structure, light, radiation and writing nuclear equations that include:
Question of the day warm up activity
Guided student notes
Five PowerPoint presentations
Student homework to reinforce lesson concepts
Answer keys for everything
- FOUR inquiry based content specific laboratories, approved for AP use by the AP Board (may require the use of vernier software and hardware)
- Sample graphs and ready to use vernier programs to execute labs
- Two spectroscopy lab activities - one for gas chromatography, one for IR spectroscopy
- A "spectral simulation" activity designed to reinforce the idea of electron excitation and light emission in hydrogen atoms
- A "simulated" AP exam, specific to atomic structure and periodicity content, with multiple choice and free response sections similar to that of the AP exam, and a detailed answer key
- NINE comprehensive PowerPoint presentations for guided teacher lecture covering the following topics and concepts:
- Atomic experiments that led to the modern discovery of the atom
- Atomic structure
- Atomic math, including atomic symbols, mass number, isotopes, average atomic mass, and ions, including detailed problems with visual solutions
- Light and energy, including equations and sample problems with visual solutions
- Quantum mechanics
- The photoelectric effect
- The wave nature of matter
- Heisenberg's uncertainty principle
- Energy levels, sub levels, and orbitals
- Electron configurations and orbital diagrams
- Nuclear structure and nuclear decay
- Nuclear reactions
- Nuclear fission and nuclear fusion
- Nuclear technology
- Mass defect and nuclear binding energy, with detailed problems and solutions
- The arrangement of the modern periodic table, and its history
- Properties of metals, non-metals, metalloids
- Families and periods on the periodic table
- What the period or group numbering tells us regarding an element
- Sample problems regarding valence shells, valence electrons, and number of energy levels
- Shielding effect and effective nuclear charge, and how they govern patterns
- Atomic radius and its trends
- Ionization energy and its trends
- Electron affinity and its trends
- Electronegativity and its trends
- Detailed illustrations of atoms and ions within the PowerPoint presentations!
- Includes a PowerPoint presentation tailored specifically to new AP topics including PES (Photoelectron Spectroscopy - includes detailed problem analysis), IR spectroscopy, UV spectroscopy, mass spectroscopy, and NMR!
This comprehensive bundle also includes these products from my store:
Thank you so much for your business! I really appreciate it!
Like it? Please leave me a comment or review! Problems or issues? Feel free to contact me before you leave your review, so I can help!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Presto! You will now receive email updates about this store!
View my other products for AP Chemistry!
View my other products for high school chemistry!
View my other PowerPoint presentation products!
View my other lesson plan products!
View my other products for beginning chemistry!
View my other Assessment products!
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store:
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!