Dystopian Film and Literature - Soylent Green / Make Room! Make Room!
These vibrant and colorful JPG images were created to accompany an AP English Literature unit that focused on Futuristic Literature.
The drawings were included as elements in a satirical depiction of a Dystopian Society. In this particular assignment, student groups were directed to read two books in the futuristic genre and watch one movie that was representative of a futuristic genre.
The concept of Satire can also be illustrated with these images.
These drawings were inspired by the 1973 film, Soylent Green, which is loosely based on the 1966 Science Fiction novel, Make Room! Make Room!, by Harry Harrison.
Permission is granted for use as…
• Classroom Display
• Clip Art for posters, student hand-outs and PowerPoint Presentations
• This artwork may not be used to produce other commercial ventures, such as (but not limited to) clothing items or greeting cards.
• Please do not post these images online as “Tumblr Memes” or Facebook images.
• Please do not share these images with others. If colleagues would like to use the images, please visit my TPT store to purchase additional licenses for only 50% of the original price. (The artist is a starving college student!)
• Commercial Use: You may use this art in products that are for sale on TeachersPayTeachers.com and TeachersNotebook.com, but you must provide a clickable link back to my TPT store, Coolschoolwithkaren.
Three large, colorful JPG-format hand-colored illustrations are included.